How to Use
ATRIDOX® Package Contents
- 1 syringe with liquid polymer
- 1 syringe with doxycycline hyclate powder
- 1 sterile blunt cannula
- When removing caps, hold syringes with the nozzles upright to avoid spilling before coupling.
Preparation: Step 1
- Twist and lock syringe A containing liquid polymer with syringe B containing doxycycline powder.
- Inject contents of syringe A into syringe B and then push contents back into syringe A. Mix syringes back and forth 100 times (about 1 ½ minutes). The contents must be in syringe A (indicated by red stripe) when finished.
Preparation: Step 2
- Hold the coupled syringes vertically with syringe A at bottom. Pull back on syringe A plunger and allow contents to flow down the barrel for several seconds.
- Uncouple the two syringes and attach blunt cannula to syringe A.
Administration: Step 1
- Attach blunt cannula as directed.
- After attaching blunt cannula as directed, bend cannula to resemble a periodontal probe.
Administration: Step 2
- Keep cannula tip near pocket base.
- Fill the majority of the pocket with ATRIDOX® while withdrawing the cannula tip from the pocket.
- Withdraw cannula tip from pocket.
- To separate ATRIDOX® from cannula, turn tip toward tooth, press tip against tooth surface and pinch string of formulation against tooth to break off.
- For a clean separation of the cannula from ATRIDOX® in the pocket, consider using a moistened dental hand instrument to ensure proper placement.
Administration: Step 3